Job title inflation. The blatant attempt of job seekers to try and make their rather boring job title sound just that bit more credible. We see it a lot as recruiters. We also see the worst job titles.
But while lofty job titles can have a reportedly adverse effect in business, they can also lead to some rather hilarious creations!
But I guarantee that whatever pumped up job titles you’ve had the misfortune of reading over the years, are bad, they’ll never be quite a terrible as the 30 Worst Job Titles of All Time, as voted for by readers of Examiner.com!:
30 Worst Job Titles of All Time:
1. Erection Engineer (Manufacturing plant position)
2. Chief Hooker (Cable Yarding Systems)
3. Cased Hole Log Analysis Specialist (Oil/Energy position)
4. Knob Head (Transportation position)
5. Shaft Serviceman (Mining position)
6. District Beaver Leader (Fundraising)
7. S&M Administrator (Sales & Marketing Administrator)
8. Shaft & Tunnel Manager (Tunnelling Engineer)
9. Domestic Violence COORDINATOR (Shelter employee)
10. Dreams Fulfiller (Financial Services)
11. Male Specimen Courier (Frozen Semen Delivery)
12. Dike Mapping Researcher (Environmental Engineer)
13. BM in Johnsville (Branch Manager for a bank in Johnsville)
14. Vision Clearance Engineer (Windshield Replacer)
15. Change Catalyst (Business executive)
16. Social Media Thought Leader (Staffing and Recruiting) – I bet a few of you are guilty of this one! Shame on you!!!
17. Sr. Creatologist (Professional Coaching service)
18. Chief Imagination Officer (Technology)
19. Part-Time Package Handler (Warehouse/Shipping)
20. Die Process Engineer (Stamping Dies Engineer)
21. SE Expert aka Sexpert (Systems Enterprise Expert)
22. Ideation Director (Marketing)
23. Canine Relocation Specialist (Dog Catcher)
24. Advanced Scrum Master (Manager or analyst in Agile Development project)
25. Nutritional Intervention Advisor (Weight Loss Expert)
26. Christian Life Coach (Ministry)
27. Chief Evangelist (Financial Services)
28. Bone Regeneration Specialist (Medical field)
29. Integration Synchronicity Specialist (Technology)
30. Human Relations Specialist (Human Resources) – LOL
What’s the worst job title you’ve ever come across or had yourself? Let us know in the comments below!
Read more at Social Talent
About the Author: Siofra Pratt is a Digital Marketing Executive at Social Talent, which she originally joined as an intern in May 2013. In her current role, Siofra manages inbound marketing & content creation, social media management and advertising for Social Talent and is the voice of the Social Talent Blog.
A former banker, Siofra holds an honours degree in Commerce and an honours Masters in Creative Advertising.
– See more at: http://www.socialtalent.co/blog/30-worst-job-titles#sthash.Ya0VyWDC.dpuf
Weekly news and industry insights delivered straight to your inbox.