Posting jobs is still a necessary evil in the recruiting world. Finding the best job boards is tough enough. Once you locate the job board you want to post on, how much will it cost you? The answer is as varied as the number of job boards out there, but the cost is anywhere between free and $495. In my effort to answer this question, I researched tech job boards I was able to find online and created this quick list.
Single job post prices as of February 2016:
- http://itjobcafe.com – $149, includes distribution to major aggregators
- http://www.techcareers.com – $199
- https://hired.com – 15% of first-year salary
- http://www.justtechjobs.com – $279
- http://startupjobs.com – Free for Startups, $199 for third party recruiters
- https://datajobs.com – $150
- https://angel.co/jobs – Free
- http://www.pythonjobs.com – $199
- http://www.rorjobs.com – $149
- http://jobs.rubynow.com – $99
- http://www.bigdatajobs.com – $295
- https://www.angularjobs.com – N/A
- https://weworkremotely.com – $200
- http://www.kurrentjobs.com – Free
- http://www.startuphire.com – $79
- http://startupjob.me – Referral hire fee of $5k
- http://www.f6s.com/jobs – Free
- https://jobfusion.co – N/A
- http://www.pythonjobshq.com – $199
- http://dice.com – $395
- http://www.geekwork.com – $199
- https://news.ycombinator.com/jobs – Free
- http://jobs.remotive.io – Free
- http://jobs.uploadvr.com – Free
- http://jobs.emberjs.com – $149
- http://jobs.smashingmagazine.com – $225
- http://www.wphired.com – Free (WordPress jobs)
- http://www.digital.nyc/jobs – N/A
- http://www.icrunchdata.com – $345
- http://jobs.mashable.com – $249
- http://www.authenticjobs.com – $300
- http://www.computerjobs.com – $95
- http://careers.stackoverflow.com – $945
- http://www.crunchboard.com/jobs – $200
- http://itjobpro.com – $120
The above list was compiled with the help of CareerCloud’s Jobmaster app (job board directory iOS app). What job board do you think will give you the best bang for your buck?
About the Author: Widely considered to be the ‘mad scientist of online recruiting‘, Chris Russell has been connecting job seekers to employers through a variety of online tools since 1999 when he founded the local job board network AllCountyJobs.com, which he sold in 2012. When he’s not running CareerCloud, you can find him on his kayak or biking the local rail trails in Connecticut.
Connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.
By Noel Cocca
CEO/Founder RecruitingDaily and avid skier, coach and avid father of two trying to keep up with my altruistic wife. Producing at the sweet spot talent acquisition to create great content for the living breathing human beings in recruiting and hiring. I try to ease the biggest to smallest problems from start-ups to enterprise. Founder of RecruitingDaily and our merry band of rabble-rousers.
Weekly news and industry insights delivered straight to your inbox.