Facebook SHOULD be your go-to resource for finding candidates. As of April 27, 2016, Facebook has 1.65 billion monthly active users. Yes, billion with a ‘B’.’ Compare that to LinkedIn which only has a mere 433 million users.
OK, 433 million users is still a lot, I know, but searching Facebook is free and easy. Here are some Facebook hacks to get you started on your Facebook Recruiting Campaign.
Call Without a Phone Number.
You can use either the Facebook Messenger app or go straight from Facebook to make a call. All you have to do is click that little picture of the phone.
- Open a conversation with a friend.
- Tap . If the icon is gray, you can’t currently call this person.
Verify Phone Numbers
If you do not recognize the phone number of someone who calls you, enter it into Facebook to find out who they are. The reverse is also possible if you have a phone.
Facebook allows you to search for people using phone numbers. As long as they have their phone number publicly attached to their profiles, you can find them. The best part, you do not have to be connected with them to see whose profile the number belongs to.
You know that little picture of a phone that we can use to make phone calls through Facebook? There is also an image of a video camera. In the same way, you can click the phone to make a phone call; the video camera button will allow you to make a video call.
- Open a chat window with a friend
- Click in the top right corner
Spy on Your Competition
- Click Insights at the top of your Page
- Scroll down to Pages to Watch and click Add Pages
- Search for a Page you want to watch or choose from suggested Pages and click + Watch Page
- After choosing at least 5 Pages, click Done
Create an Interest List
Looking for accountants? Maybe Web Developers? Create an interest list or follow ones that someone else has created. What is great about this is that whatever your interests are will now show up in your news feed.
To create your own interest list:
- Scroll down to Interests on the left side of your News Feed. Hover over Interests and click More.
- Click Add Interests.
- Click Create List.
- Search for the people or Pages you want to add to your list using the search box at the top of the page, or use the categories on the left to browse.
- After you’ve selected the things you want to include on your list, click Next.
- Pick a name for your list.
- Select a privacy setting. Choose Public if you want others to be able to follow the list you’ve created.
- Click Done.
Jackye is an acclaimed thought leader and inspirational speaker on recruiting and DEIB topics. She brings years of experience recruiting across a variety of industries including tech, HR, legal, and finance. In her role as VP of Talent Acquisition and DEIB, she leads all related work at Textio, provides critical expertise to customers, and serves as a leading voice in the products Textio creates for the broader ecosystem. Jackye has been named one of the 9 Powerful Women in Business You Should Know by SDHR Consulting, one of the 15 Women in HR Tech to Follow by VidCruiter, and is on the Top 100 list of Human Resources Influencers by Human Resource Executive Magazine.
Weekly news and industry insights delivered straight to your inbox.