A survey by ResumeBuilder found that 10% of businesses currently use AI interviews, while 17% plan to start using them this year. Another 17% said they’ll begin using the technology during 2024. Still, nearly a third – some 32% – said their company doesn’t have plans to use technology-driven interviews at all, while more than 20% were unsure of their organization’s plans. Of the 44% who said they’ll introduce AI interviews at some point next year, 15% said the technology will be used to make hiring decisions without human input. On the other hand, 85% said AI will provide recommendations on candidates, but leave the final hiring decisions to people.
Job search engine Adzuna launched a free interview tool. Called Prepper, the product is designed to help job seekers prepare for interviews, coach them on how to respond to questions and provide feedback to help them improve, all based on the particular company and position they’re applying for. Prepper is built on a large language model and uses built-in prompts to generate and review interview questions, and to model answers.
Beamery unveiled a new model for businesses to run workforce planning and make real-time decisions around hiring and talent development. The company said the AI-driven workforce planning solution will give managers continuous insights around how to best develop their team’s skill portfolio, when to hire (along with the likely costs) and when it’s faster or more efficient to source internally, upskill workers or open a short-term project or gig.
Comeet, a developer of collaborative recruitment software, is merging with Spark Hire, a video interview platform. The merger will combine complementary technologies to present a suite of products for talent acquisition, the companies said. Post-merger, both products and brands will continue their operations.
About 65% of HR leaders said AI has improved the productivity and efficiency of their department, according to a report by Engagedly. The study, State of Artificial Intelligence in Human Resource Management, found that AI adoption in HRM is growing rapidly, automating repetitive tasks, improving decision-making processes and improving the overall employee experience.
Talent Solutions Right Management, a career management solutions company and part of ManpowerGroup, launched PowerSuite Next for Career Transition, an offering designed to enhance the outplacement experience. With it, the company hopes to help organizations offer a consistent and equal level of support to outgoing workers, while providing a seamless experience to their departing employees wherever they are in the world.
Humanly, a startup that helps companies automate their recruiting functions, raised $12 million in the most recent funding round. With it, the company hopes to fuel the growth of its AI-powered software. According to the Co-Founder and CEO Prem Kumar, Humanly is investing more into its short message service (SMS) chatbots that interact with job candidates, as part of a broader rollout of new generative AI tools that help companies hire more efficiently,
By Mark Feffer
Mark Feffer is executive editor of RecruitingDaily and the HCM Technology Report. He’s written for TechTarget, HR Magazine, SHRM, Dice Insights, TLNT.com and TalentCulture, as well as Dow Jones, Bloomberg and Staffing Industry Analysts. He likes schnauzers, sailing and Kentucky-distilled beverages.
Weekly news and industry insights delivered straight to your inbox.