I’m not 100% sure how I feel right now. From a football perspective, the man (I use this term lightly) is incredible. As a human he’s a piece of crap. But when I hear people saying, hasn’t he lost enough I get real irritated. If he lost $200 million so be it. I don’t buy the argument that when you make $109 with $30 mill in a bonus you are confused and can’t manage your money. Given I’ve never been in that spot, but I’m sure I wouldn’t go bankrupt.
That’s not an excuse.
If he had never been caught, he’d still be laughing. Nuff’ said.
I’m sure the fans will love it when he scores some touchdowns, but as a lifelong Eagles fan, I’m having an incredibly hard time getting to like this. I don’t this I will ever. I will certainly still cheer and support my team and even when he scores. But I still don’t have to like him or what he represents.
Here is how his numbers break down over teh last few years. Do you feel sorry for him
- His ATL contract ran through 2013 and was worth $109 mil
- He still had over $45 mill outstanding that was released
- He repaid ATL $6.5 mill in restitution and was released from contract
- Now he’s bankrupt but still living in his mansion
- This year, he will ONLY make $1.6 mill with an option to make $8.5 mill next year if the Eagles take him back….
- In 2005 he was power ranked 33 on the Forbes power list and 19th in pay on the Forbes list and was a top earner from Nike, Coca-Cola, Kraft and Rawlings
Only 1.6 mill? And that’s while he is on probation….. If I’m on probation I couldn’t even find a job. The more I think about it, it’s sickening.
Thoughts? By the way, if you haven’t already seen, here are just a few shots of dogs recovered from Vicks property.
What are your thoughts now?
By Noel Cocca
CEO/Founder RecruitingDaily and avid skier, coach and avid father of two trying to keep up with my altruistic wife. Producing at the sweet spot talent acquisition to create great content for the living breathing human beings in recruiting and hiring. I try to ease the biggest to smallest problems from start-ups to enterprise. Founder of RecruitingDaily and our merry band of rabble-rousers.
Weekly news and industry insights delivered straight to your inbox.