Finding and engaging software developers in this market is not an easy task. As a tech recruiter do you find yourself having meaningless conversations, wasting hours of valuable time determining hard qualifications for potential candidates?
How much is that time worth to you? To your employer? To the candidate?
Having access to solutions to decrease wasted time and to increase productivity means results.
Enter Gild. Enter the newly affirmed, Gild Spotlight.
What is Gild?
Gild Source is a recruiting tool that applies predictive analytics to solve hiring challenges many recruiting teams have faced for years. They deliver a solution based on intelligence, analytics and raw hard data to determine the best leads your team should approach for company openings.
The Gild system scours the web for developers and evaluates leads based on their actual work using our proprietary algorithms.
Here’s a direct quote from a recent release on Spotlight:
“Expertise is a measure of a developer’s technical capability, as determined by analyzing code shared on open source sites such as GitHub, Bitbucket and Google Code, and technical knowledge demonstrated on sites like Stack Overflow. Demand indicates how in demand someone is in the job market. It is a measure of a person’s formal achievements, like education and work history. This score tells you how competitive it will be to recruit a specific developer.”
What is Spotlight?
Spotlight is the newest offering from Gild who is known as a great watering hole and hunting ground for software recruiters worldwide. It’s an add on value using their own algorithm to incorporate more than 20 million job change events and hundreds of signals to determine the value of a potential lead.
In easy to understand terms this simply means that Gild will help you determine the hire and staying power of a candidate based on a very key set of data points including: (just a sampling)
- The leads behavioral pattern from previous employment
- Location data helping to determine the likelihood the candidate would consider relocation or how flexible they may be with travel requirements
- Gild will determining loyalty scores analyzing years of experience and “job hopping behavior”
- Gild will also assign the Gild Availability score, a five point score that ranges from unlikely to actve, determining the likelihood of making a hire with this particular candidate.
- This data is currently refreshed in 2 week intervals to ensure reliable, real-time information.
Simply put, Spotlight helps recruiters avoid approaching prospects who are not interested in changing jobs.
This is a massive value in the game of tech recruiting.
Mentioned above, Gild Source allows for your recruiters to make data driven sourcing and hiring decisions.
- Access to over 11 million candidate profiles from 200+ countries
- A skills analysis of each developer, including ratings and a breakdown of candidates’ proficiency in various programming languages
- Aggregated candidate social data from over 80 social networks
- A Candidate Relationship Management (CRM) tool that enables you to build a pool of passive candidates and track your interactions with them
- Direct email addresses of developers
- A dedicated Customer Success representative
By Derrick Zeller
About the Author: Derek Zeller draws from over 18 years in the recruiting industry. The last 13 years he has been involved with federal government recruiting specializing within the cleared Intel space under OFCCP compliance. He has experience with both third party agency and in-house recruiting for multiple disciplines and technologies. Using out-of-the-box tactics and strategies to identify and engage talent, he has had significant experience in building referral and social media programs, the implementation of Applicant Tracking Systems, technology evaluation, and the development of sourcing, employment branding, military and college recruiting strategies. Currently, he is the Editorial Manager for Advanced Resource Technology, Inc. and is open to speaking engagements and consulting opportunities. You can read his thoughts on RecruitingDaily.com or Recruitingtools.com or his own site Derdiver.com. Derek currently lives in the DC area.
Weekly news and industry insights delivered straight to your inbox.