Providing Direct Feedback to Hiring Managers with Kathleen Steffey
Today we have Kathleen Steffey on the show. We are talking about a subject near and dear to my heart and a great topic for the audience. “Providing direct feedback to hiring managers (and, why it’s respected and not taboo.)”
First, the Introductions
Kathleen is the CEO and founder of Naviga Recruiting and Executive Search. Naviga works to place sales and marketing people across the U.S. Kathleen has been in the game for about 25 years and has worked with a lot of hiring managers over the course of her career.
Let’s get into it.
Tune in for the conversation!
- How it can get tricky to have intentional conversations with hiring managers on what’s not working with the process.
- Asking the right questions in order to find the right talent to fill the position rather than relying on the job description.
- How to have a conversation about diversity and inclusion.
- Plus, more on taboos like salary and compensation conversations.
- How work from home has impacted these conversations.
Tune in now and let us know what you think. Also, if you missed the last episode, I had the pleasure of discussing the World of Work with Steve Lucas. Don’t miss it!
William is the President & Editor-at-Large of RecruitingDaily. At the intersection of HR and technology, he’s a writer, speaker, advisor, consultant, investor, storyteller & teacher. He's been writing about HR and Recruiting related issues for longer than he cares to disclose. William serves on the Board of Advisors / Board of Directors for 20+ HR technology startups. William is a graduate of the University of Alabama at Birmingham with a BA in Art History. He also earned an MA in American Indian Studies from the University of Arizona and an MBA from Case Western Reserve University.