In this podcast…
Jay Baer’s Marketing Podcast called Social Pros was just named the best of its kind in the world. His new book, “Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Turn Bad News Good,” is all about the real challenges that social media-fueled transparency creates for companies.
In this episode of Resonate, Jay discusses how to convert his marketing principles for recruiting. You’ll hear:
- A realistic approach for dealing with disruptive forces like Glassdoor (and why a 5 star rating is not really the goal)
- Why you will never stop employees from getting “weird” on social (hint: social media is NOT the problem)
- How to market your company using employees’ stories
- How to “hug your haters” and turn them into trusted resources
- Why killing the “ding letter” is an idea long overdue—and how all those rejections might just be your next best recruitment marketing strategy
- How we are in a “Golden era of testing” and why bringing testing into recruiting can open new channels, engage employees, and target better employees.
[quote]Employee Dissatisfaction was a secret. It was closeted. Now it is anything BUT” – Jay Baer[/quote]
Heard in this podcast:
Jason Seiden, CEO & Cofounder, Brand AmperJason’s a storyteller. He launched Brand Amper, a brand management platform for recruiting, based on 20 years experience solving leadership and communications challenges for Fortune 500 executives and their employees.
Jay Baer, Founder, Convince and Convert
Jay Baer is a renowned business strategist, keynote speaker and the New York Times best-selling author of four books and the founder of Convince & Convert, a strategy consulting firm that provides social media and content marketing advice
By Noel Cocca
CEO/Founder RecruitingDaily and avid skier, coach and avid father of two trying to keep up with my altruistic wife. Producing at the sweet spot talent acquisition to create great content for the living breathing human beings in recruiting and hiring. I try to ease the biggest to smallest problems from start-ups to enterprise. Founder of RecruitingDaily and our merry band of rabble-rousers.