In this podcast…
If *anyone* understands the iconic Four Seasons brand, it’s Michael Peterman. Michael, the Vice President of Employer Brand and Insights, has spent over 18 years with Four Seasons, where he recently led a massive HR Transformation process that included consolidating HR processes across 94 hotels in 38 countries. With a focus on business outcomes, data, and measurement, plus the latitude to innovate, Michael turned the “softer” side of business into a healthy ROI in just 32 months. More recently, Michael has taken on defining the Four Seasons Employer Branding initiative.
In this episode of Resonate you will hear:
- Recognizing that hiring for skill is not as important as being able to recognize culture fit and a special innate attitiude (Four Seasons only accepts 2% of applicants)
- Dealing with the challenge of hiring for a a global brand: the tension between retaining local culture and instilling the Four Seasons culture
- Communicating with a global, mobile workforce to keep them engaged and focused on the future vision of the brand
- Locking arms (not horns) with Marketing to iterate a Consumer Brand AND an Employer Brand at the same time (not only was Marketing supportive, they asked “What took you guys so long?”)
- Getting an unlimited budget for the things you want to try (you need some mad data analytic skills for this one)
Heard in this podcast:
Jason Seiden, CEO & Cofounder, Brand Amper. Jason’s a storyteller. He launched Brand Amper, a brand management platform for recruiting, based on 20 years experience solving leadership and communications challenges for Fortune 500 executives and their employees.
Michael Peterman, Vice President, Employer Branding and Insights, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. He is responsible for overseeing Employer Branding, Talent Attraction, Engagement, HR Technology & Analytics for the company’s ninety-three hotels located in thirty-nine countries, serving a population of over 40,000 employees. Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts has been named to Fortune’s List of the “100 Best Companies to Work for” since its inception and is one of only thirteen organizations to have that distinction.
By Noel Cocca
CEO/Founder RecruitingDaily and avid skier, coach and avid father of two trying to keep up with my altruistic wife. Producing at the sweet spot talent acquisition to create great content for the living breathing human beings in recruiting and hiring. I try to ease the biggest to smallest problems from start-ups to enterprise. Founder of RecruitingDaily and our merry band of rabble-rousers.