Okay, you’ve created your LinkedIn profile, updated all of your past experience and education, so you’re all set to go, right? Wrong. If you don’t actually DO something with your LinkedIn account and make the most of it, then you’re missing out. Here’s what your REALLY need to know about LinkedIn to land that dream job.
1. You never know who your friends know.
- That college kid who cuts your grass? His dad is the CEO of XYZ, your dream company.
- Your frat brother from college? His sister works in HR at XYZ.
- Your neighbor? He was the best man in the wedding of that hiring manager at XYZ.
- Your poker buddy? He used to work at XYZ and knows hundreds of employees there.