Turns out, people really love content themed around things like the 2014 Sochi Olympics, the Euromandan riots in the Ukraine or Jimmy Fallon’s debut as the host of the Tonight Show.
And even if they don’t, search engines do, which is really the only reason we have to write leads.
Because we’re a B2B blog and these sites get notified when we get back linked, here are the top 5 articles of the week that we can use to reinforce whatever this week’s editorial agenda happens to be to because we’re too lazy to come up with original content at the end of the week.
We’ll also tag the authors on all social media sites on the hopes that their ego will compel them to share worthless content.
5 Posts Recruiters & HR Professionals Should Get Fired for Not Reading
1. Making A Viral Video Every HR Generalist Will Want To Share: This post shows a template that somehow works to elicit an emotional response in the hearts of every SPHR. If you want to engage an HR generalist around content that’s not an OSHA poster, make sure to check this one out.
2. What It Takes To Become An Agency Recruiter: As everyone in the human flesh trade already knows, you’ve gotta raise your chalice – and your game – if you want a spot at the Playa’s Ball. Or to make a placement.
3. The Secrets of the Most Influential HR and Recruiting Thought Leaders On Social Media: This post shows the kinds of content that have consistently worked to ensure that people who don’t really know anything about the topic on which they’re tweeting get ranked on lists generated mostly by analytics tools that only look at volume and repetition of related keywords, kind of like someone using Boolean Strings To Search.
4. The Key To Generating Great Recruiting and HR Topics For B2B Content: Have you ever wondered where marketing departments get all of their brilliant ideas? Turns out, it’s only 99% genius and inspiration – the added secret to building an editorial calendar for blog posts like this no one reads is a tool none of them want you to know about.
5. Weekly Wrap: The Top 5 Recruiting Related Blog Posts We Were Too Lazy To Write Ourselves: The entire point of these posts is to make it look like we’re being really, really clever by building in a backlink to ourselves. Fooled you, didn’t we? And remember that this site is the only site you need to find news that you didn’t really care about or had already seen a few days back somewhere on LinkedIn or Twitter.