What job seekers are thinking
- Nearly a third (30 percent) of job seekers say it’s difficult to receive honest information about the day-day experience of a job.
- Job seekers use up to 16 different sources in their job search (including internet search, career pages, social media, review sites, and more).
- Half of all job seekers (52 percent) say that the No. 1 frustration during the job search is the lack of response from employers.
- Some 60 percent of job seekers said they wait less than two weeks to hear back from the employer before considering it a lost cause and moving on to another.
- Half of job hunters (51 percent) cited opportunity for professional development as the No. 1 factor influencing their decision to accept a job, and,
- A whopping 69 percent of job seekers consider “company culture” to be critical or very important when considering a job — and 78 percent of Millennials feel the same way.